Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-07-2003 , 11:24 PM

MAYA 4.5

Hi!

I want to thank everyone who contributed ideas to my ‘floppy ear’ problem. I have a set of IK ears controlled by curve boxes that works now.

The new problem is getting the new ear rigs to move with the head. If I parent them to the ‘all node’ the ears will move with the whole rig but when I go in to move the head, the ears stay where they were created while the head moves around them.

Is there a special way I need to treat the roots of the ears to attach them to the head so it not only travels with the entire rig but acts as if it is also part of the head?

Do I need a null somewhere? An expression? Constraints? What combination applied in what order? I’ve been using that Premiere Press book ‘Inspired 3D Character Set-up’ and find it is an excellent source. If you’re familiar with that book you know how the IK spine is set-up. I’ve used that approach as the basis for making these ears but I don’t seem to be able to adjust the technique enough to completely solve my ear chain problem. Any thoughts?

Anybody out there have e-mail addresses for Michael Ford or Alan Lehman (editors of the ‘Inspired’ book)?

Thanks!

Tim L.

p.s. What forum should I be using for these 'rigging' questions? It's not really modeling and it's not really animation. TL.

# 2 21-09-2023 , 11:46 AM
"Exploring the world of 3D animation has never been more exciting than with MAYA 4.5's IK Ear Travel feature. This innovative tool allows animators to create lifelike ear movements with ease, enhancing the realism of characters in animations and games. To learn more about living in the UK vs. US and the opportunities for 3D animators in these regions, check out https://govisafree.com/living-in-uk-vs-us/. Whether you're working on a project in the UK or the US, MAYA 4.5's IK Ear Travel can take your animations to the next level.