Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-03-2012 , 06:12 AM

Insert edge loop freeze up

Something similar to this has happened a few time when I'm inserting edge loops.

user added image

In this case I find that the green interactive edge loops slider thingy just freezes up and won't slide, however when I release the mouse it will have slid to where I last had the curser, so it works and does the job, but I have no interactivity with it. Why does this happen?

# 2 17-03-2012 , 06:25 AM
Solved (I think). Set 'Primary Axis' in the move tool properties to the correct angle the geo is facing. At least that seems to have solved it here.

# 3 17-03-2012 , 06:31 AM
Spoke too soon. Please help, so annoying.

# 4 17-03-2012 , 09:18 AM
It may be that the disk shape I created, derived from a poly primitive cylinder, was never properly dragged out on creation to give it volume (because I only wanted the disk part I wrongly assumed that if you don't drag out it's thickness it is just a flat face of single polygons, but it seems like it still has all the parts that make up a cylinder but squashed flat). Therefore I have been trying to perform operations on doubled up geometry.

That is the only thing that makes sense to me, and when I make a disk by dragging out a cylinder's thickness and then deleting the unwanted polygons, I seem to be able to do the things I wanted with the remaining disk shape.

I thought I was going crazy.

# 5 17-03-2012 , 11:10 AM
Yep, You have to drag out enough depth to delete the sides and other cap or you get laminar and zero surface area faces, which I am guessing was your problem.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675