Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-02-2004 , 01:30 AM
Subscriber

Animating Light

I've been able to animate the position of a spotlight in scene. But I want to be able to make the light fade out at a specific time.

I've tried setting keys and changing the settings but all I end up doing is turning off the light for the entire animation.

How can I make the light fade out? Is there a way to make the light change colors at a specified time as well?

I also want one light to fade out and another fade up. How can I properly amimate these parameters?

Thanks. user added image

# 2 13-02-2004 , 01:38 AM
Subscriber
you can set keys on pretty much anything - right click in your attribute editor and "set key"- the box will turn pink and away you go ( at least i think so, I dont have maya open rightnowuser added image)

# 3 13-02-2004 , 05:12 AM
Subscriber
yes, right click on the attribute that you want to key, not just anyware on the attribute editer. once you have done that pick setKey. that will set a key for that attribute on the frame your at on the time slider.

# 4 13-02-2004 , 05:25 AM
Subscriber
Perfect. Thanks everyone. :bgreen: