Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 14-03-2004 , 10:58 PM
Subscriber
Ok, here is a picture of what I did. Is this like what you want? All I did was delete the top faces, then extrude downward as explaned above. I actually took the top portion, duplicated it, then flipped it upside down and combined/merged vertices so that the top of the object was the same as the bottom. I did the hash (#) design with simple cubes.

Attached Images
# 17 15-03-2004 , 11:19 AM
Subscriber
Yer, somthing like that. Just a little more smooth and with a bit more detial. Instead of having that # shape im going to try more of a knot effect.

_LIVID

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 18 15-03-2004 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber
Well, I have decided to go a different way with this. I have my Yin shape and I was going to bevel plus it then hollow it out and have my Celtic knot's and weaving in the hollowed section (like Darkware but less industrial). The problem i'm having is that it won't let me bevel plus the curve.

I have uploaded it so you can have a look and see what I am doing wrong.

Cheers for all your help so far!

_LIVID

Attached Files
File Type: mb yin yang experment.mb (60.0 KB, 311 views)
# 19 22-03-2004 , 03:27 PM
Subscriber
Well, I though I would give you guys an update (if your still interested that is).

I have the shape cut out but there is something strange going on that I can't explain. I have uploaded the .mb file for you to have a look at your lesure and also a screen shot to show you. I can't see any reason why it is doing it. Ho Hum

_LIVID

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog

Last edited by Tim_LIVID; 28-03-2004 at 10:34 AM.
# 20 28-03-2004 , 10:41 AM
Subscriber
Here is the screen chot, in the next post I will upload the .mb file (cos I don't knwo how to do it in one post .. sorry)

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 28-03-2004 , 10:45 AM
Subscriber
And here is the .mb file, have fun user added image

_LIVID