Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-05-2004 , 04:01 PM
Subscriber

Transfer UV's on SubD model?

While working on a predominantly SubD model last night I noticed that the Transfer UV tool seemed to be only available for Polygonal objects. Is this true?

I tried converting the SubD to Polygonal and the poly count nearly trippled; which is self-defeating in itself.

Would it be better to model in Polygonal mode with Smooth Proxy on if I want to use the Transfer UV tool?

# 2 18-05-2004 , 04:17 PM
you can only transfer uvs between poly objects that have the same topology, so yes you will need to work on a proxy object and then subd it with the transfered uvs.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 18-05-2004 , 04:28 PM
Subscriber
So I could use the Transfer UV tool on a SubD model in Polygon Proxy mode, and on a Polygon model in Smooth Proxy mode?