Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-09-2004 , 08:01 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Environment

Hi Guys

This is a WiP of a rather big environment that I'm doing at the moment. Thought I'd put it here as a couple of you have PM'd me to see how I do stuff. The columns have been sculpted with artisan BUT flooding images of rocks to do it!!

_J

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-09-2004 , 08:11 PM
Subscriber
W()()T! Nice, has a real desert feeling to it, gr8 work Mr Jango.

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 3 06-09-2004 , 08:27 PM
Cheers RC

# 4 06-09-2004 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber
thats pretty cool user added image

have you tried bryce 5, ~~~~way back when i first learned of 3d work from my brother, he lent me his puter and he had bryce 5 on it, and it was soo simple to create landscapes,

look it up, there must be a trial out there - and im not 100% sure but, im sure you can export to Maya 2...

cheers - Murph

MURPH
# 5 06-09-2004 , 11:09 PM
Bryce is good for landscapes if you figure it out, but only as the backgrounds. Only backgrounds and horizons in my opinion. But i did manage to make this in it:

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 07-09-2004 , 09:58 AM
Hey Murph
Yeah I've got bryce and its only useful for backgrounds, skies etc. I bought it a couple of years ago (Version4). If you check out the latest Teaser thread you'll see it in full flow for the sky and distant mountains

_J

# 7 07-09-2004 , 10:13 AM
that's a lot of polys for just some rocks user added image how about displacing them rather than sculpting them?

user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 8 07-09-2004 , 12:51 PM
Hi Alan
Yeah I did think about displacement maps but I thought about the time it takes to render and work out the tesselation. Plus I'm thinking about using mental ray for the renders and I dont wanna put the render times thru the roof.
Its one of those 'swings and roundabouts' things I suppose.

Cheers for now
_J