Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 31 26-09-2004 , 09:01 AM
Subscriber
Well I gave my computer a big long rest over the night and your site is working fine now... sorry for scaring you user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 32 26-09-2004 , 01:32 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey NitroLiq

First off, dont worry about tearing me down because all the crit you have given me has been constructive and very helpful.
This is the first time I have actually done my own site, as the one before, a friend of mine did it (whos a designer too), but I really needed to know the ins and outs of web designing which is not an easy task when you're new to it, so I am taking the bull by the horns and wrestling it at the moment.

I am hoping to improve it all as I'm going along ( I hope) but all the 3d side of it and the concept stuff is an absolute King over everything, but saying that I know what you mean about selling it to the viewer when they see the site. Thanks for your comments, I WILL take it all on board, in fact I may start looking at it all tomorrow as I have a free day!!! Cheers Again.

RC
Thats Good man, no worries
_J

# 33 26-09-2004 , 02:12 PM
Hey NitroLiq

I think the penny has dropped, I had a look at some of those sites with their links and stuff, some were a bit yuuuuk but some were, well just real simple without the crap but just use of space and the way color panels were layed about. Anyway gonna investigate, I require the best.....
_J

# 34 26-09-2004 , 02:39 PM
I tend to be into more minimalistic design, myself...lots of white space...dotted lines and the like. You just have to find a style that appeals to you and figure out why it appeals to you...same thing when looking at sites you admire. Take ideas without directly copying.

You could even set up your own blog (finding a blog package for whatever programming platform your host provides or use blogger.com). This way you can keep everyone up on updates, have your gallery and present tutorials fairly easily, use their css templates (or make your own). There's a quite a bit too learn to get the control you want for building a complex site but the info is so readily available (especially being able to view source...which is really great when you start looking at others' style sheets.)

Just keep at it...like anything else, it takes time but it'll come around eventually.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 35 26-09-2004 , 05:21 PM
Hey NitroLiq
I will and thanks, I appreciate the intense crit. It gives me a good kick up the backside to wake up every now and then.

_J

# 36 03-10-2004 , 06:20 PM
Hey Everyone

Just to let you all know that towards the end of the week the site will have had a complete overhaul!!! Oh not again!!!, I hear you cry!!! Yeah afraid so and I think it looks great so far, thanks to Nitroliq for the severe crit and advice, hopefully I should pass the set up your own website test now!!

C u at the end of the week ( I hope) and do give me some feedback either here or on the contact link on the site.

Later
_J

# 37 03-10-2004 , 08:57 PM
Subscriber
there is a huge disturbance in the force -I forsee a change in career paths, model no more, your future lies with the dark side, web design!

MURPH
# 38 03-10-2004 , 09:46 PM
Hey Murph

Bollocks to that!! LOL

Sorry not been around here much, really crap week, my little girl had to go to hospital to have lump removed from her face, shes only 7 poor little thing, so you can imagine the stress.....

As for my site I'm just not happy with it really, I've gone back to the old color scheme and kept it simple. I've got three more sketches for the 2d section which look pretty neat ( I think?) plus some bits for the WiP section and another Wallpaper, plus a couple of surprises too. Then thats it, Im getting fed up with linking this icon to that page etc,etc. I could s*** html right now!!

Anyway I'll just chuck new stuff on as it comes through, although I'm still gonna put stuff on here for feedback cos I love this site, its one of the best ones, if not the best where everyone gets on, and isn't up their own backsides. Plus theres cool people like you and me here!!
Lter Bro
_J
PS: How many times have you been thru THE box of delights? I've lost count already myself.

# 39 03-10-2004 , 10:18 PM
Subscriber
Jango mate, hope your daughters doing well after her operation, been in those places a few times so I know its not nice place to be.

On a cheerier note the website is looking awesome, good to see a collection of your top notch work.

Keep it coming, it'll all be worth it in the end.

# 40 04-10-2004 , 08:33 AM
Hey LP

Thanks mate. Yeah its a tough one isn''t it when kids are at stake!!

Just gonna do some scans now for the site as I'm at work. I hope you like the site (again) once I've sorted it for the end of the week. Its gonna be a cracker!!

_J

# 41 04-10-2004 , 11:20 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jango
, my little girl had to go to hospital to have lump removed from her face, shes only 7 poor little thing, so you can imagine the stress.....

PS: How many times have you been thru THE box of delights? I've lost count already myself.

wtf, you must mirror my life, i had to go to hospital with my 4 year old lad on thursday and friday, ~just been called into work to fix a seat came back and he'd broken his arm fighting with his sister!

next wednesday im in hospital again with my youngest daughter, she's having a major op on her hips, and will be in a full body cast for 6 months - "It never rains eh mate?!"

but i do have my "Silver Box of George Lucas's magic" to keep me entertained, 3 times for IV, 3, for V, but im not touching VI yet, it's like having a sweetie still wrapped up, but the wait will be worth it
i have watched the bonus one twice too, but was gutted to find out Morrisons are now selling it for 20 sheets, especially when i payed nigh on £35 for it to be dilivered, two days after the release date!

nevermind - heres one for ya

saying "what does not kill us only makes us stronger"

but

"Ben" - "if you strike me down i will become more powerfull that you can possibly imagine"

laters mate - hope she feels better!

MURPH
# 42 04-10-2004 , 02:23 PM
Cheers Murph, hope your sproggs are okay too mate!!

Hey has anyone won that comp yet? Or have I missed it?? I know the next one has started. Anyway where am I?

Later Dude

_J

# 43 04-10-2004 , 04:56 PM
Subscriber

MURPH
# 44 04-10-2004 , 04:59 PM
Subscriber
So very sorry to hear of your daughter's woes. I hope she feels better soon.

t3

All great projects succeed one step at a time. One lone step firmly placed.
# 45 04-10-2004 , 07:17 PM
Cheers T3

Hey Murph, shall I tell you what happens in Jedi? You see theres this scene and they get an Ewok, and Han Solo get his razor out and Shaves him from head to foot, its all digital you know!! They used the Shave Ewok plugin for Maya or was it Joe Alters Shave an Ewok? Then Chewie dies laughing!!

On a more serious note, its really cool. But no matter how many times I watch it I still dont like Ewoks and Im a big Star Wars Fan, People go on about how bad Jar Jar is. I think hes fantastic!! People say how Andy Serkis was used as reference for Gollum which is why it was so good, but George did it first using Ahmed Best for Jar Jar reference. No contest !!

Later Bro
_J