Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 11-12-2004 , 06:41 AM

Black Spots with 3d MBlur!

ok, when I render with 3d motion blur, with a blur by frame value greater than .8, black spots show up on the moving model every so often, randomly. the only thing I've done that's gotten rid of it is lowered the blur by frame value and turned off motion blur altogether, but since neither of these are an option... anyway, I've also tried messing with depth map shadows and samples and whatnot, but nothing seems to work and I'm running out of ideas. any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance

oh, I'm also rendering out in fields (I know normally you don't do both, but I've analyzed the original footage I'm comping into and there is motion blur there as well with the fields) and the spots occur in both fields but not at the same time

# 2 12-12-2004 , 05:14 AM
I found out what the problem was. after I had bound the skin I polysmoothed it, the polysmooth in the history is what is causing the dots. I did the delete non-skin history but it screws up my weights, is there any other way to get rid of the polysmooth without unbinding the skin? thanks in advance

# 3 12-12-2004 , 11:58 PM
and I solved the problem, just used proxy smooth instead, no more spots, yay!

# 4 14-12-2004 , 09:47 PM
Subscriber
cool user added image