Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 46 06-01-2005 , 11:07 PM
Very Nice Jango! Looking forward to seeing this bad boy finished!!!

D.

# 47 07-01-2005 , 10:04 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Guys

MX: thanks man Happy New Year to you dude!!

_J

# 48 29-01-2005 , 11:30 PM
Hey Dudes

Heres the dawg. Had a few probs with PFX fur, too much of a grind on the PC even opening it was ball ache!! So I took all the uvs into PFX canvas and painted high res maps instead!! Looks good enough for me now plus its rigged now too. That was a challenge as Ive never done a quadruped before so this was a first. Got some creatures coming up soon for the project so now I have some more experience those will be alot better I hope.

Hope ya like
_J

Attached Thumbnails
# 49 30-01-2005 , 12:00 AM
The Maya Mountain
Looking cool! Only crit is the ears don't blend into the head very well yet.

# 50 30-01-2005 , 12:07 AM
Hey Mike
Thanks. You know this was tougher than a human to do. Can you believe that!! Yeah the ears werea bummer to do along with rigging on the rear legs. They'll be okay for the project. Guaranteed.

Later dude
_J

# 51 30-01-2005 , 07:57 AM
Subscriber
hello stranger,

Looking pretty good mate, like the ribs poking through, a natural "mangie" look

i'll e mail later mate user added image

MURPH
# 52 30-01-2005 , 08:49 AM
Subscriber
Great work there Jango,

I was just wondering about your dog the other day, very glad to see it's not been put on the shelf. The fur still looks fine!
Any chance of seeing the rigging in action, couple of poses or maybe a short animation?

Take it easy,

Mat.

# 53 30-01-2005 , 09:28 AM
Hey dudes

Thanks. Yeah I can post some bits later on for you to see. The fur is very his res PFX map.

Hey brother Murph, hope ya well!!!
Sorry not been in touch dude, been really busy with this mutt, it was a tough job, but I had to do it, it wasnt gonna get left unfinished. Besides it has a part in Outlaws now. No dog no project ya know. But hey now I can do quadrapeds and bipeds!!

Talk later

_J

# 54 30-01-2005 , 05:42 PM
Subscriber
Hey there Jango, pfx does look really good.

# 55 30-01-2005 , 08:17 PM
Heres a deformation pose for you....

_J

Attached Images
# 56 30-01-2005 , 09:13 PM
I think I can clear up that post way back when about the snout. The top of the head is slanting forwards and the snot is horizontal so it appears to be slanting. And I think the front legs are too long, from looking at my dog it's the upper arm. Also the texture looks a bit like a bear.

Sorry if I sound too picky.

<embed src="https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/kman3/dial.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="https://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" width="100" height="100" quality="best" play="true" loop="true" align="center" scale="showall" play="true"></embed>
# 57 30-01-2005 , 10:28 PM
i can't help but agree about the legs. They seem just a little bit too long. Maybe its just the perspective or the fact that you're using a colour map from the fur (and so the legs aren't getting any extra thickness from the fur). That said, its not like i have a dog or am looking at a picture of one as i write this. The legs just seem to long to me. Sorry. Otherwise great work.user added image

# 58 31-01-2005 , 01:50 PM
Dudes

Hey dont worry I have had a lot worse crit than this in my time. Everybodys opinion varys and I accept that fact. Besides crit is what its all about here.

Right my turn. This dog is not supposed to any particular breed, but my reference for this was a doberman, a great dane and a grey hound. I just took the best bits and voila, a dog of sorts. Plus I dont know if you know about the project its for so I can get away with misgivings as longer legs etc.user added image

Laters
_J

# 59 31-01-2005 , 02:13 PM
Okay, just to clear up the leg proportions before anyone else jumps on it. Here the reference of the Greyhound legs against the joint placement and the mesh theyre actually in between so they are neither too long nor too short.

Possibly the camera as suggested.

Rember reference is King!!! Dont leave home without it!!

_J

Attached Thumbnails
# 60 31-01-2005 , 02:14 PM
And against the mesh

By for now
_J

Attached Thumbnails