Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 07-03-2005 , 09:23 PM
Subscriber
No, not recently user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 17 08-03-2005 , 01:24 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jango
Hey Vlad

As for the blend shapes, it works. Myself and my team have been using this method for the last 3 years, its tried and tested and its good. The only down side is if you have a characters face that is so extreme around the mouth for instance, and its not behaving after the Parallel blend has been applied you have to turn on the blend for that shape and duplicate it or 'add' from the base model then it allows you to offset it and edit the mesh accordingly then just refeed the new shape. I'll post an example at some point. Its a good and easy way when you have lots of characters to do, and I have a soccer team of dudes that Im upgrading right now at work. Also the order you do the shapes is VITAL, or it wont work, especially when you have a rig a stake to on the other end as well!! Hope this gives you an insight.

Cheers dude
_J

right on, ill look into that.

# 18 11-03-2005 , 01:38 AM
That's great head, it reminds me some people from old b&w movies.

# 19 01-04-2005 , 07:29 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Well Holy Crap I forgot about this one!!

Been so busy on other stuff didnt get time to update. Im still tweaking the edges of the mouth and adding hair but heres a test of the 'almost' finished head

Cheers
_J

Attached Images
# 20 01-04-2005 , 07:40 PM
Subscriber
Not been on this site in a while and damn.... thats a very nice texture.

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 21 01-04-2005 , 11:09 PM
Subscriber
Hey there. I didn't see this one yet. Face looks great. Hair is comeing out really good also for the tech used. Face has a lot of character. Only thing bothers me is the ears, from the angle I can see that at least they don't have the Y shap in the inner folds in the top half.

# 22 02-04-2005 , 12:43 AM
Technical Director
Wow! Nice!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 23 02-04-2005 , 09:01 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Pony
dont worry its all there dude!! It has to be because its for my team at work! So I cant escape the ever watchful eyes. The only thing as I said that need doing is the mouth edges and a bit on the cheeks

_J

# 24 02-04-2005 , 04:51 PM
Looks great... Very nice clean mesh! I've never pulled that off before... I like his sort of WWII German haircut!
Reminds me a bit of George Stobbart from Broken Sword...