Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-05-2005 , 06:58 AM

trouble in exporting file from 6.5 to 6.01

ok, here what goin on.

I got couple of friends who has MAYA, but I got 6.01 and some of them 6.0 and also 6.5

The points is all of that it is version 6.

But we having problem in file exchange.
So at the moment we using OBJ fire to exchange.

My question is how we can make or maya 6.X to support another maya 6.X version file?

we searched in our manual but no success, just doesn`t explain enough.

also we sent a mail to alias but took 2 weeks to get the answer and what we got was a license number what we already had, and win32_webkey.exe with I don`t know the proposit of this.

So gess it to install the license, but no success again, it`s seems too complicate for my.

So if someone could explain me step by step, will be kind.

# 2 25-05-2005 , 07:11 AM
Subscriber
This is copied from the tips and trick thread in Maya Chat:

If you're running multiple versions of Maya, then this tip is for you. This will enable an older version of Maya to open a newer version's file without doing some vodoo import export routine;
In the newer version, save the file in the .ma format. Open the .ma file in a text editor, preferrably one that supports rich text formatting. On Windows I recommend Wordpad vice notepad. In the editor change line 4 where it says Requires version "X" so that the value in quotes matches whatever version you need to open the file with. To be safe you should probably check the header info from an existing file for the target version. The image below shows two different header sections, the bold red show which areas need to match. In this example the 6.5 in read would be changed to 6.0.

Check out more cool stuff: https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=15467

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 02-06-2005 , 02:20 PM
Well, got a problem as well.
I saved a scene with maya 4.5, and a friend of mine (using 6.5)
can't open it.
Well, he can, and it works well, everything I did is in the scene,
except one little thing - Lets say: THE MAIN thing...

user added image Help...

Attached Thumbnails

Add me please
(I want to improve both english AND 3d skills)
MSN: Bryce5@gmx.net