Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 22-08-2005 , 07:23 AM

Blurred Textures

Hey guys,

trying to render a scene i'm working on, but i'm having a problem i've always had with maya but never actually learned how to get around it.

The problem is with rendering, whenever I render I always have blurred textures, never sharp, crisp textures like I want, if you look at the screen in the render below you'll see what I mean,

Thanks user added image

Zyk

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-08-2005 , 04:08 PM
Subscriber
i'm not sure but have u been to render globals and changed the settitngs?? ie... anti-aliasing, production quatity, image formats ect..

# 3 22-08-2005 , 06:17 PM
Also sometimes incorrect lighting can do that. What render setting do you it on?

# 4 22-08-2005 , 08:02 PM
always production quality, 3 point set up

# 5 22-08-2005 , 10:19 PM
ok, well it should look ok, have you spoken nicely to your graphics card lately? I have had this problem before and it was a corruption of the preferance settings and i closed down maya and deleted the projects folder and opened maya up again and it worked prefectly. Don't know why, just one of those weird computer things i think

# 6 22-08-2005 , 10:59 PM
Check that your not applying any filtering to the texture go to your actual file in the hypershade and then uncheck the Pre Filter in the attribute editor, if this doesn't work you probably need a higher res texture try using a texture resolution that is twice of that of your render that should always produce good results!

# 7 23-08-2005 , 10:32 AM
Subscriber
ive had this problem before, ive no idea what it is, it aint my graphics card, i gota radeon 9800xt 256mb.

# 8 23-08-2005 , 06:57 PM
hmmm, well you have the same graphics card as me and my renders come out as crisp as christmas morning so i can be little more help to other than saying good luck!!!

# 9 23-08-2005 , 09:47 PM
I'm probably just stabbing in the dark but what is the bit depth of the texture you are using, have you done anything to it in photoshop.

I'm guessing we will need a bit more info on that texture.

# 10 23-08-2005 , 09:55 PM
Subscriber
your software renders have nothing to do with your video card.

in th render globals (MR) turn down multi texture filtering to .01

(SW) turn off multi pixel filtering completely.

and turn off pre-filter in your texture file.

# 11 24-08-2005 , 10:02 PM
Subscriber
Are you creating your textures to a high enough resoloution??? You should ensure that your textures are at least as large in res as what you final render should be, if not larger. Don't be afraid of making 1k or 2k textures.

user added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/