Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-09-2005 , 02:15 PM
Subscriber

Polys Facing Wrong Way

When I create polys in the side view, the shaded face is always facing away from me. That's no big deal, when making a simple plane. I can just rotate the plane 180 degrees. However, it is also doing it when I extrude from edge. I'm making a car fender, using extrude from edge from a poly plane that I rotated in the right orientation, and then used a nurb semicurve to guide the extrusion. However, the shape of the fender is perfect, however the shaded faces are facing 180 degrees in the wrong direction (see pics). I tried resetting everything, but . . . no result. I'm sure I jus have some setting wrong.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-09-2005 , 02:16 PM
Subscriber

Perspective View

Here it is in perspective view, and you can see that the shaded faces are indeed 180 degrees in the wrong direction.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 06-09-2005 , 05:07 PM
first be sure that you turn off Double-sided in the object's render attributes. Then select the faces which are facing the wrong way, and go to edit polygons->normals->reverse
That'll switch the normal the correct direction and should fix your problem.

Car-maker.
Check out my releases for RACER.
see the WWW button
# 4 06-09-2005 , 07:21 PM
Subscriber

Good advice

Thanks!