Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-04-2007 , 10:28 AM
Subscriber

detaching polys

Alright I know when you are working with nurbs if you want to seperate the object you highlight an isoparm and go to detach. What if I want to do the same thing with Poly's? Do I have to convert back to nurbs then back to polys or can you do it right from polys? I'm sure I overlooked this since it seems like it should be so easy to do.

# 2 14-04-2007 , 10:30 AM
Select the faces and go to mesh (or edit mesh)->Sepperate and in the options box theres an option to keep the sepperated faces together.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 14-04-2007 , 11:35 AM
Subscriber
thanks for your quick reply. After reading what you said it hit me that I do it all the time, just copy the entire piece, delete the faces I don't want on the duplicated piece and put it back into it's spot and voila... thanks again though.