Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-03-2006 , 12:12 PM
Subscriber

independent motion?

Hi,

I've just done the rigging for lowpolycharacter tutorial. It was realy good and helped a lot. Thanks Kurt.
I've seen some bits of a totorial from the maya "hyperrealistic series" or something like that. They had a technique which was called independent motion. Where you would hook joints up using constraints and creating weired things like jCon's jOri's and so on.
It was just a sort of sneak preview, so I could not actually follow the tutorial and try it. But it showed the result which was a pretty amazing skeleton.
Maye it would be nice to have like an extension tutorial for the low poly dealing with independent motion. (if that is the name for it)
I tried to work it out myself, but as I am quite new to this field I failed. And it did'nt seem very intuitive to me.user added image