Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-08-2006 , 07:25 PM

What is wrong with the world.

All I am trying to do is learn a program that I spent a heap of money on and EVERY site I visit has either a point system (like here) or want money.

What happened to the days of helping one's fellow man?
I dunno.. am I the only one around these days doing VTMs for nothing? Makes me sick how greedy people have become over the years. :headbang:

# 2 06-08-2006 , 08:23 PM
Not greedy the site cost a lot to keep up bandwith as well as to pay the people who make the tutorials.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 06-08-2006 , 09:14 PM
Subscriber

Re: What is wrong with the world.

Originally posted by Creative Insanity
Makes me sick how greedy people have become over the years. :headbang:

Not the brightest of posts!

The only thing greedy I see, is you wanting Sites like Simply maya to pay for websites, bandwidth etc and provide you with free tutorials at their expense. Man you are greedy hey.

But wait a second . . Simply Maya do provide free tutorial and you want them ALL for free . . . man that is greedy.

# 4 07-08-2006 , 10:28 PM
at the same time, if you don't even know anything about the program, why would you go out and buy it first?

you could have gotten the ple version for free and started learning without having spent a dime.

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 08-08-2006 , 01:22 AM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, bandwidth is expensive. I'm not going to add any tuts to my own site until I'm able to get more bandwidth eventually

# 6 08-08-2006 , 04:38 AM
hey Mike,
if you want i can host video tutorials on my site(as it has LOTS of bandwidth available)
-andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 7 08-08-2006 , 05:53 AM
Subscriber
Hi Mike you might also want to try sites like Sitesled,

This is my fun family site if you change the front part greenfrog part of the address to www you should be able to create an account.

Cheers
Paul

# 8 08-08-2006 , 06:08 AM
Subscriber
you spent a lot of money for maya user added image and don`t want to spend some money for good tutorials??

Man you are insane and your argument makes me sick! user added image

What`s up?? Hey, this website offers tonns of good tutorials! They are really helpful!

And i think these guys here should get money for this job!

user added image

Last edited by Galadiel; 08-08-2006 at 06:13 AM.
# 9 08-08-2006 , 03:45 PM
Subscriber
i dont know where you are from but the real world you have to pay to play ...ever heard that ? also there are tons of free tutorials ... i just found a new one today ..about a jaquar ..and very nice ..so they are out there

also simplymaya does a great job on there tuts and learning is so easy with them ..they have bills and they take free time to do this and make alittle money but the knowledge they are willing to share and help with questions is priceless ...

that is all i have to say ..thanks to everyone here that does that tuts

# 10 23-08-2006 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber

Can't we just...

...ignore that guy: Creative Insanity.[/B]

This is a great site for people who care by people who care.
Let's not start barking back at some guy who's frustrated about things that don't go fast enough. Obviously he's not willing to invest time nor money into the education in one of the hardest progs to learn...makes you wonder where and how he got him a copy of Maya, or are we all naive enough to think he really biught that prog?

Just ignore guys like that, how hard it may be.
He doesn't belong here, that's for sure.

So to all you guys keeping this place a source of refreshing ideas and helpfull comments, tricks and tuts: KEEP IT UP!!!

Greets
Marc
user added image [B]

too_tough_to_die@mac.com (AIM)
Always up for a chat !
# 11 02-09-2006 , 07:16 AM
Subscriber
The funny thing is, Maya comes with its own tutorials. No, they're nowhere near as good as the ones here, but they WILL get someone started!

For the record, the various tutorials I've bought here were WELL worth the investment, and the returns have been incalculable!

Thanks!

"Ad astra per aspera..."