Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 13-09-2006 , 06:25 PM
here it is shaded

Attached Thumbnails
# 17 13-09-2006 , 07:30 PM
Subscriber
That's not really workable, your best bet is to restart and use a muscular male for reference and shape the body before you detail. Once the shape has been done in a low poly mesh then start adding the details and to start emphasising the muscles.

# 18 13-09-2006 , 07:35 PM
sad day:shakehead
Thanks to all those who took the time to give me some direction. Ill post better stuff in the future, i will be back.

# 19 13-09-2006 , 08:21 PM
Just a suggestion...keep it all quads.

I am not sure if you are trying to make the geometry all triangles, but you have some really bad nonmanifold geometry in there.

Here is a shot of a body I am working on at the moment. It still needs lots of work, but as you can see its all quads, then when you smooth you will get much better results.

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 13-09-2006 , 08:36 PM
Senior Software Developer

Originally posted by esion
I am not sure if you are trying to make the geometry all triangles, but you have some really bad non manifold geometry in there.

Agreed with that. There seems to be no flow at all, it all seems a jumbled mess in there, with tons of border edges everywhere. Always work with quads imho, and try forgetting the poly smooth and go straight to a Sub-D conversion, at least this lets you work with the old poly history and when rendered will show a nice smooth object.

Don't give up, take everyone's advice and start again. Don't look at this as being fruitless you will have learnt a great deal from this. Move onwards and upwards.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 21 13-09-2006 , 08:48 PM
Hey thanks a lot guys... It means a lot to me that youre willing to give me help with all your experience. im going to spend a lot of time working with this. Ive tried to teach myself modeling and ive come to realize that i can be very sloppy. Soon ill post something better. user added image

# 22 13-09-2006 , 09:06 PM
Subscriber
esion is that the hyper-realistic modeling with Jeff? I'll be looking into that when Im done with my head.

ajj241: good luck with your next try, and if you have some extra cash to throw around that is a very good lecture that esion is working on, I'll post a link later

# 23 14-09-2006 , 12:16 AM

Originally posted by Eldwick
esion is that the hyper-realistic modeling with Jeff? I'll be looking into that when Im done with my head.

Yes it is, I will be posting my finished product when I get there. I would suggest the tutorial for an intermediate modeler.

I will also add that the hyper-realistic tutorial is not a lot of help when it comes to modelling. It will just say things like "now finish the rest of the model" with no real guidance. So you need to have some ability to model. And there is no real facial tutorial, just some images to reference and 1 paragraph that says "model the head using similar techniques."

If you want a good modelling walk through on bodies and quads, I would suggest the Modeling and Animation Handbook.

# 24 14-09-2006 , 01:35 AM
yea you should study more or human male anatomy to get the muscle flow well. heres a guide you can use.

Attached Thumbnails