Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 29-10-2006 , 10:20 PM

mirror polygons problem

Okay this is driving me crazy. I'm trying to mirror a polygon model. all the edge vertices are lined up (using the component editor) and placed at 0 on the x axis. When i mirror i'm left with a gap down the middle!

I've searched this problem on the forum and found a few threads where peopple have not had the vertices lined up but this is not the problem here it seems... i've also played around with the pivot posiitions but no luck...

any ideas?

# 2 29-10-2006 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
erm i cant think why you still have a gap down the middle.

I assume you have selected all the verts Clicked on the little button as in the image below?

Then using the move tool and holding down x move them all to the middle.

Otherwise i dont know. soz

Im sure someone will come up with a solution though.

I'd do the above, THEN duplicate it. not mirror, then combine, then merge all the middle verts

good luck

Attached Thumbnails

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 3 29-10-2006 , 11:01 PM
Its okay i' have solved it... by luck more than anything.... should have spent longer fiddling before posting.

i altered the merge vertices distance settings... seemed to do the job...

tahnks though, i don;t usually use the tool you mentioned, just the component editor, so i've learnt something anyway!

Thanks

Rich