Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 23-11-2006 , 09:49 AM

Image plane Bug ??

Hi Guys

This is the first time this issue has occurred to me.
i have followed a tutorial on www.the-blueprints.com on how to set up blueprints.
But when i set it up in the front view, it "corrupts" the same image in the perspective view.

How do i solve this ?

(__/)
(='.'=) This is bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
# 2 23-11-2006 , 09:51 AM

a good thing to remember

Attached Thumbnails

(__/)
# 3 04-12-2006 , 06:58 AM
This happens to me all the time; the prespective-view of the image just messes itself up.

I do not know how to fix image planes. All I can say is "no worries;" as long as it looks perfectly fine in the straight-on views (top, side and front), don't worry at all about the perspective.

A longer alternative is to create a Polygon plane, or a Polygon Box, and scale it to the appropriate size, assign a material to the Box/Plane face, and map the color of that material to a File node, and with the File node, import your car.

If you chose to do this, however, be sure to "physically" scale your box/plane to the right size! You car/whatever will come out looking funky if you don't.

Happy modeling ^_^

# 4 04-12-2006 , 08:08 AM
ok thx

I'm pretty sure a have posted this before,

ahem user added image but i guess i forget, since it has been some while ago i´ve been working in maya

(__/)