Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-03-2015 , 03:54 AM

Use Background Shader & Animated Image Plane

I am trying to figure out how to work with a movie image plane by adding animated 3D elements into it.

As of right now I am trying to figure out the Use Background shader. In the image below I have my movie image plane set up and a polygon plane on the ground with the Use Background shader applied. Does this shader not work with a movie image plane? It only displays the still frame where I applied the shader in the timeline and does not display the movie when I go forward/backward in the timeline.

I hope this makes sense since I may be off on the terminology.

user added image

With this scene I plan on incorporating an animated character that will jump around the scene then end up smashing a car or pushing in front of the train. This will be quite the feat considering how green I am to this.

Also, when rendering with Mental Ray the movie image plane does not render. It will only render if I use Maya Hardware 2.0 but then shadows do not show up on surfaces with Use Background shader; they only show up when rendering with Mental Ray.

Last edited by mdk1984; 14-03-2015 at 04:14 AM.
# 2 21-03-2015 , 10:07 PM
Figured it out. Had to use image sequence instead of .mov.

You can close thread.

# 3 18-04-2015 , 04:49 AM
Thank you a lot for your quick response !

You can get score highest marks in JK0-022 dumps dumps exam using and test 1Y0-200 exam king which are prepared by top certified professionals, Tabor College ccna wireless training; both are marvelous in www.the-bac.edu