Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 03-12-2002 , 08:28 PM
OK - THX, it will be along night for meuser added image

CU morpher
# 17 04-12-2002 , 12:32 AM
Subscriber
Ugh.. I signed up for 3December to see it over the internet but they never sent me the E-mail with the link... now it's been 30 min since it's started and I can't see it user added image

-Emo

# 18 04-12-2002 , 09:34 AM
Subscriber
Hi Maya Gang

I went yesterday afternoon and early evening and I am a bit busy know but I'll right up a report on the event later today let you know what I saw and if it was worth it.

BTW, we do sort of have a SIGGRAPH in the U.K. its called Digital Media World and its usually in November or Autumn. Not as big as SIGGRAPH but better than nothing.

Mind you I feel sorry for all of you who cannot get to London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow etc must be a real pisser...

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 19 04-12-2002 , 11:57 AM
Subscriber
i was in sydney for school i dropped by to try grab the free 4.5 cd and how many funny looks from adults did i get user added image
then there was noone there apart for the seminar and there was no cd from alias wavefront if they read this what the hell went on ?
ohwell i tried my hand at lightwave and a few other 3d apps id never heard of so it ended out ok

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 20 04-12-2002 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber
Well, quick summary of the event! On the whole it was interesting with some show specials on software and training materials - I bought none!

Then there was the demos of various software add-ons for Maya all pretty impressive - especially the lip-syncing software for $1,999. You basically create morph shapes for your phonemes and talk to a camera and you character mimics you! Awesome...

Then there was the nature software for making trees and plants pretty good too!

The speakers talked about the 'Harry Potter Game' (very interesting), Aston Martins, Escape Studios (whom I had a good talk with) and the 10-Second Club - must submit an animation of my own some day!

The peice de la resistance (or however you say it) was getting my dinosaur lunchbox with a cracker, stick of rock and copy of Maya 4.5 PLE which promtly went on my Mac that night.

All in all I spent about £4995 for Maya, £1500 for the lip sync software, £900 on the new ATI card and shed loads on training manuals... then I woke up...

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 21 07-12-2002 , 02:37 AM
I went to the 3december in New Your and Im sorry to say it was a big dissapointment. Intel and ATI did a big sales pitch for the first 2 hs. We saw how wonderfull Studio Tools is and how the new Sketch software works. Everything else that had to do with Maya was short movies that you can see on the Alias websit (mental ray and fluid effects). The only intersting things were the heart that they made using Maya and how they use it in the medical field . And the last 20 min was a guy from ILM to talk about Star Wars. The most exciting event of the evining was when I used my free drink tickets.