Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 13-02-2007 , 07:54 AM

Menu's changing

I don't think this is an error or anything, but somtimes when i'm working in my maya 6.0 the menu's at some point (haven't noticed exactly when) changes. The NURBS, Edit polygons, and Polygons (+more) disapears and some menu's names "skin", "character" and "constrain" appears. Can't get it back to normal. Hope you can help.

I'm newb, live with it.
# 2 13-02-2007 , 08:56 AM
Subscriber
Ahh. Welcome to the world of menu-sets.

'Cos there's just too many options to display all at one, maya uses menu-sets. You can change between these in two ways, firstly the function keys, secondly using the drop-down list-box.

method #1
F2 - Animation
F3 - Modelling
F4 - Dynamics
F5 - Rendering

method #2
Just use the box as illustrated in the attached image.

-Simon.

Attached Images
# 3 13-02-2007 , 03:38 PM
enhzflep, if you're not careful, they're going to make you a moderator! user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 4 13-02-2007 , 03:50 PM
Subscriber
:blush:
That'd be fine by me....
I love to help.

-Simon

# 5 13-02-2007 , 10:17 PM
i've gotta say that one thing i love doing in maya (when i'm bored at work) is just randomly pressing buttons (F1-F12, 1-0, the letter keys - with and without the shift key) just to see what the script editor says it does... you learn quite a bit as far as what buttons do what. user added image

Accept no substitutions.
# 6 14-02-2007 , 02:25 AM
NeoStrider > 'i've gotta say that one thing i love doing in maya (when i'm bored at work) is just randomly pressing buttons (F1-F12, 1-0, the letter keys - with and without the shift key) just to see what the script editor says it does... you learn quite a bit as far as what buttons do what.'

Umm... sure thats a good thing to do?

I look in the hotkeys editor when I'm wondering what pressing a combination of keys do.