Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-03-2007 , 05:20 PM

How do I install plugins

I downloaded the MJPoly Tool Plug in and cannot figure out how to install it (never installed a plug in before). I've spent the last two hours reading and searching and I'm still clueless.

I had to download WinRar to unzip the file. It unzipped two files that I don't know what to do with. Please help.

# 2 22-03-2007 , 05:27 PM
I think I finally found the answer (in this Newbie forum). I should have come to SimplyMaya.com in the first place.

# 3 22-03-2007 , 05:42 PM
Nope, still can't do it. After decompressing the zip file, I see two script files. I copied these two files into every script folder I could find (3 in all). I typed the name into the script editor and executed...nothing happened. I tried loading the script and then executing...still nothing happened. I typed the name of the file and executed...nothing. I feel like a complete idiot not being able to figure this out. I could really use some help.

I'm watching this thread so my responses should be quick.

# 4 22-03-2007 , 05:55 PM
Lifetime Member
https://www.maya3d.dk/Scripts/MJPolyTools/

go here and read the installation section it might help

I can tell you though if you install this it can leave a ton of crap (useless nodes behind ) and you might need to also use a cleanup script.

copy this into your script editor and then middle mouse drag it to your shelf to create a cleanup shortcut on your shelf.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
string $expList[] = `ls -et "expression"`;
string $exp;
for ($exp in $expList)
{
if (`objExists $exp`)
{
if (`match "polySplit[0-9]" $exp` != "")
{
// get the loop split node
string $LSNode[] = `listConnections -d 1 ($exp + ".objectMsg")`;
string $mjShape[] = `listConnections -d 1 -sh 1 ($LSNode[0] + ".inputPolymesh")`;
delete $exp $LSNode[0] $mjShape[0];
}
}
};

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by jsprogg; 22-03-2007 at 05:59 PM.
# 5 22-03-2007 , 06:02 PM
Lifetime Member
btw I noticed on another thread that you are using Maya 8.5 and most of mj polytools are inbuilt into maya since version 7 I beleive it was so you don't really need it.

# 6 22-03-2007 , 06:11 PM
jsprogg, you're AWESOME.