Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 26-07-2007 , 07:33 AM

help me get back into maya

I used to be good with maya but after 3 years at not touching this program I'm kinda lost. All i need to get back into maya would be to watch these tutorials video but i have been trying last couple days to download but it just says "Sorry Reggie, to many downloads in progress." So all i need to know is there another way of getting these tutorials downloaded from your site as a free tutorial?

Last edited by Reggie; 26-07-2007 at 09:53 AM.
# 2 26-07-2007 , 09:22 AM
I have the same problem.
Sorry VirtualArts, to many downloads in progress...
How can I get these free tutorials?user added image
Please help!
I really need some of them.
:-((((((((((((((((((((

# 3 27-07-2007 , 01:26 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
There are more sites with tutorials, and i think you should try to download the tutorial when it's not so busy.
Books are good also i prefer them since i don't have the patience to watch an eight hour tutorial and it's easier to look things up.
A couple of other downloadsites are gnomon, lynda.com, 3dbuzz etc. take your pick.
I've bought the following books;
Learning maya 7 Foundation(great book for a starter)
Learning Maya 7 The modeling and animation handbook
Maya Character creation(by chris marafi)
The game artist guide to maya and the game animators guide to maya(by michael Mckinley).

On the internet there are also a lot of pdf files for free for creating specific things(like eyes and such)

Good luckuser added image

# 4 27-07-2007 , 02:19 PM
Well thanks for the help. kinda hoped i would be able to get the same tutorials as i got last time but site is busy 24/7 basically user added image

# 5 07-08-2007 , 04:35 AM
I newly fathom be about maya, it is very interested.
Good luck.

Ong Tao