Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-08-2007 , 07:44 PM
Subscriber

Attach surfaces

So, every so often I go back and attempt another face just to see if I'm getting any better at modeling. Well, I'm not, lol, but in any case I've run into a problem with NURBS.

I started with a sphere and roughed out a shape i kinda liked, but I wasn't happy with the topology not going in the "old person above the mouth creases" (i wonder what the anatomical name for those are). So I made a duplicate of the face, made the first one live and separated just the loop of patches that are in that spot. When I got them to where i liked it, I successfully reattached the majority of the NURBS, but when i tried to do the same for the rest I get an odd result

Attached Thumbnails

What I lack in skill I make up for with enthusiasm.
# 2 28-08-2007 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber
...not sure how to attach multiple pics in one post

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 28-08-2007 , 07:47 PM
Subscriber
Its actually attaching them correctly it seems, but it ruins the rest of the mesh. I switched the view to the inside of the face, the highlighted area is the new attachment

Attached Thumbnails

# 4 28-08-2007 , 08:46 PM
Subscriber

i got it

Nevermind.....i dont know why, but when i attach a to b it hates me, but b to a worked just fine. I'm back on track.

I think im gonna start posting this in the wip section,

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 29-08-2007 , 05:27 AM
glad you sorted that problem out....

the anatomical name for that crease is the nasolabial fold. user added image