Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 14-10-2007 , 03:47 PM
ha ha - i like the monkey sketch on your site - that would make a great model!

Last edited by arran; 14-10-2007 at 03:50 PM.
# 32 14-10-2007 , 06:17 PM
I don't see the link....user added image

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 33 14-10-2007 , 09:08 PM
Subscriber
Impressive, great work perfecto! loving all the progress's so far...

I always love to watch how a house is build from the bottum up user added image

# 34 14-10-2007 , 09:36 PM
louis56,
the button is on the bottom of each persons post. Just hit the www button under the persons post you want to see. So, if I click on www button under one of your posts, it will take me to your website.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 35 15-10-2007 , 12:39 PM
update. Had to kick up the render quality a little in order to see everything a little better from this angle.

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 36 15-10-2007 , 10:45 PM
I never thought about it before arran but you're right, the monkey sketch would make for an interesting model. If I model it though, it will be a loooooooong while. I still want to finish my ninja model I started for the last competition and my Rodney Robot model I did a while back. Most of the houses I'm modeling now will eventually make up a neighborhood scene I'm doing and that will take a while to.

P.S. If anyone wants to model the monkey (which would definitely be pretty cool), I can send you an electronic copy. Just keep in mind that I sketched it from a t-shirt. I didn't come up with the concept.

Exceed Expectations!
# 37 16-10-2007 , 03:01 AM
HAha yeah that one took me a while.

This looks GREAT. What colour paint are u gonna use hehe

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 38 16-10-2007 , 03:48 AM
My co-worker is going to bring some pictures and brochures to me so I'll know what everything should look like. There will be alot of stone on the front of the house.

I'm definitely not looking forward to the texturing. As I go, I'll add a few simple textures and colors here and there so it doesn't look so drab (all grey) but when I get to the real texturing...well yuck! Actually it's all the uv mapping that I'm not looking forward to. I'll be using mostly planner mapping.

Exceed Expectations!
# 39 16-10-2007 , 03:58 AM
Subscriber
This is turning out great. I would never have the patience to do all this.
For modeling all the beams, are you doing them individually or are you duplicating them?

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 40 16-10-2007 , 04:24 AM
Most of the framing is duplicated, some is not. I always try to duplicate anywhere I can because it's much quicker. I might do a test animation in the next few days just to test out my idea.

So far, the modeling I've done is pretty simple. It's pretty much all straight lines. The real fun will be when I start modeling things like the toilets, showers, faucets, counters, cabinets, door knobs, door bells, lights, receptacles, etc. The only non-straight thing I've modeled so far are the anchor bolts which hold the foundation sill (2x6's) to the foundation walls. Here's a pic of the anchor bolt.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 41 17-10-2007 , 04:34 AM
Nice bolt. Id screw that. (In a non dirty way)

# 42 17-10-2007 , 05:26 AM
I think its safe to say everyone here would screw that, its a very screwable screw! (I think im falling for it)
-- Great house so far Perfecto!!

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 43 17-10-2007 , 06:16 AM
Good! Im glad im not the only one user added image

Perfecto, show us a render of the nails ur using so we can see if we would nail it.

# 44 17-10-2007 , 07:13 AM
You guys are funny, haha.

Here's the link for the test animation I did. The final will be much different but I've never really done any animating so it will change as I get the feel of it. Very low quality due to it being a test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIBpo5fM1G4

Exceed Expectations!
# 45 18-10-2007 , 06:01 AM
update.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!