Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-12-2007 , 09:38 AM

modeling

how would i go about modeling a room and the interior of it. like how would i model a couch bathroom kitchen and so on. is there a tut or something. thanks

# 2 24-12-2007 , 10:09 AM
Subscriber
there is no real answer to this other than practise dude.. I know thats the worst piece of advice ever, but its true.

Trial and error too, what works for you, what doesnt,
Do you want it high res, or low res,
animation, or still image.

You have to consider these things when planning.

I learnt everything i know myself, like most people. Alot of it, is general common sense and using your brain....for example if you want to model...lets say...a kitchen unit:

You want start with a cube...scale it to the size and go from there, adding detail. You wouldnt use NURBS. Like wise, if you want to model a pillow or cushion, you perhaps would go for NURBS.

I cant really give you a tutorial if you dont know basic modelling. Projects like these will improve your modelling skills no end, regardless of the results.

good luck dude.

here is a link that may help.

www.learning-maya.com

OH and p.s

One thing EVERYONE will tell you...Reference images,...
reference, reference reference! Its a major help.

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 3 24-12-2007 , 10:35 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
For more tutorials go to tutorialized.com
its updated reguarly
i dont like it cause i prefer vido tutorials but you might

# 4 24-12-2007 , 11:54 AM
ok so practice is key at least i know how to model allso how would you make things to scale in maya like by inchs so i can make scale models of things or rooms

# 5 24-12-2007 , 12:01 PM
Subscriber
To model by scale the grid is set to a certain size whether it's inches, feet, yards... you can adjust it in Window>Settings/Preferences>Preferences>Settings... you will see Linear and from there you can change to what you want. Then every square will represent 1inch, 1foot, or 1yard, whatever you choose. There might be more than just those 3 options to.

Good luck.

# 6 24-12-2007 , 12:11 PM
oooooo ok thanks cleard it up so mutch thank you