Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 10-12-2008 , 06:35 PM
Jr.Who
OK decided to bump it up to level 7 today and it was running kinda slow… went to the tut and then back into ZB to look at my model (which I had just saved a sec before). And it ends up looking weird… so I close ZB (figuring it's a video card issue), and apparently it saved it in that state.

Now, please tell me there's someone out there that's seen this and is going to tell me I'm not completely screwed and I haven't lost a couple days work because of my PC.

Attached Thumbnails
# 17 10-12-2008 , 06:49 PM
Its not your PC.

Its a bug in Z brush. It does it sometimes with tools when you've got a problem with lower levels.

Open it up and then drop down a level see if you can start to see where the problems are coming from then use the smooth brush to get them back in place, if its still messy drop another level. Then move back up the levels and smooth the spikes, you will loose some detial but hoepfully not the whiole model.

If not then why are you not saving at regular intervals under different file names?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 18 10-12-2008 , 07:01 PM
Jr.Who
Oh, the problem's coming from everywhere. lol I guess I'm screwed then. And I was always told to save often cause ZB likes to crash, not save under different file names too. I guess I'll start doing that too… I'll post up later today with my progress on redoing it. :shakehead

# 19 10-12-2008 , 07:08 PM
Ouch,

Yeah when I started with Z I used to save often but with the same file, and if I got a problem BAM!

Z3 when it came out was a nightmare, 3.1's stabalised a lot but can still be a bit unperdictable, which is just Z not the computer its on.

Save often and with a number suffix on the end project_01, 02 etc etc.

One thing though if youve got to do it again, try not to use the tutorial, of only refer lightly to it.

# 20 10-12-2008 , 07:11 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by gster123
One thing though if youve got to do it again, try not to use the tutorial, of only refer lightly to it.

Yeah, I'm just gonna skim over it to see which stuff I need to do in what order.

# 21 11-12-2008 , 12:57 AM
Jr.Who
Well, I'm moving a bit faster than the first time around! lol So there's going to be a lot of small differences and I'm using the move tool a lot more this time. Only at level 4 right now…

Attached Thumbnails
# 22 19-12-2008 , 03:46 AM
Jr.Who
OK, I've finished this project. You can see more pics and the turntable on my website. I'm doing some texturing training next… after that I might texture this creature, but I'm not sure.

Edit: Oh yeah, I couldn't get this guy to level 7, so if I ever get some upgrades for my PC I might come back and finish off the sculpting.

Attached Thumbnails
# 23 30-01-2009 , 10:45 PM
Jr.Who
Woah, forgot to post up my latest project on here! lol

Anyway, I finished the texturing and rendering training. Right now I'm working on texturing the creature, but I don't know how long it'll take.

Attached Thumbnails
# 24 30-01-2009 , 11:26 PM
The modeling looks great, though its hard to see any texturing. hat mat are you using??

# 25 01-02-2009 , 03:10 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by gster123
The modeling looks great, though its hard to see any texturing. hat mat are you using??

I think it's MatCap White or something like that.

# 26 01-02-2009 , 03:36 AM
really nice job on the rhino!

# 27 03-02-2009 , 01:51 AM
Jr.Who
Thanks arran!

Here's an update on the creature texturing:

Attached Thumbnails
# 28 04-02-2009 , 08:00 PM
Jr.Who
Quick update on the creature… what do you guys think of the spikes?

Attached Thumbnails
# 29 06-02-2009 , 09:39 PM
Nice stuff there, although maybe the colors ar pretty dark. Probably because of te background. Anyway, can't wait to see more of the creature! KUTGW!

W.I.P's
-
Finished work
Mech
# 30 07-02-2009 , 08:50 AM
What does it look like with the flat shader on?

Not too sure if theres bleed from the material thats darkening the overall look.

Personally I prefer the fast shader to texture with, matcaps have a tendancy to throw off the look, they also dont obay lighting etc.