Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 06-01-2009 , 02:47 AM
Subscriber

Ball

haven't had a go on maya for ages due to lack of spare time, but i finally got some spare time so i thought i model something... and i came up with a ball!
thought i might as well put it up on here seeing as i havent done so for such a long time

merry new year!!!

Attached Thumbnails

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington
# 2 06-01-2009 , 03:10 AM
Subscriber
Cool looks nice, but a bit flat(texture wise, not ball wise lol), try making a bump map for it, would add a heap of realism to it as I'm sure your aware rugby ball's have little bobles on them for grip.

Chris

# 3 06-01-2009 , 03:27 AM
Subscriber
cheers chris, it actually does have a bump map with exactly that although i was wondering whether to put it up a notch... i guessed you answered my question already! and as for the mud, is there a way of exporting a bump map? as i fasioned this one out of a standard maya texture

# 4 06-01-2009 , 03:29 PM
You can bake the procedural texture into a file and then edit that in PS or whatever you need/want to do with it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 07-01-2009 , 01:10 AM
Subscriber
you couldn't tell me how to go about that if you wouldn't mind gster!!
appreciate it!
cheers mate