Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 17-02-2003 , 06:22 PM

Rolling ball troubles

Ok guys I'm ready to do my animation for my demo reel... The boy and the sword is out for now because its like a short film and will take to long to show my animation skills on a reel, so im now going to do a simple fast action sequence of a ball smashing my orger character in the face and the oger getting mad and trying to smash it with his club.

The problem im having is... I have the ball an active body and the oger and set a passive. Everything works well except after the ball hits the oger and set..... it keeps rolling off for ever... Iv'e put up the friction really high but it wont stop.... Anyone know how to stop it? If not I'll just key frame the whole thing.

Thanks

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 2 17-02-2003 , 06:47 PM
Is the ball going THROUGH your character, and not stopping?

If so, you must make the character and active body, instead of passive.

Also, in your solver settings, in order to get it to solve very quickly, you can scroll down to the "Stand-in" setting, and choose: CUBE.

This just makes for faster testing, and viewport previews to adjust your timing.

...not sure how it will work on an animated character, but it works for all of my dynamic explosion stuffuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 17-02-2003 , 06:50 PM
The ball is bouncing off him and the floor it just wont stop rolling......

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 18-02-2003 , 12:32 AM
Apply a drag field.

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com
# 5 18-02-2003 , 01:21 AM
Dam Mark! you're too fast! hehe...

Yeah, a drag ought to do it just fineuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 6 20-02-2003 , 02:32 AM
Subscriber
Anothger option would be to make the bounsiness value smaller when it rolls around and the mass value greater. You can key these as you wish of course. Personally, I would go with the drag field, though. user added image

# 7 20-02-2003 , 02:55 AM
Another good one Darkware!

I had to do that "mass-keyframe" trick on my last explosion tut...

worked very well toouser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com