Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-01-2010 , 02:40 PM

using max 1.1.4 rig

the rig can be found at creative crash, found at https://www.creativecrash.com/maya/do...c/max-for-maya

now i'm trying to make it push an object, or use a chair as leverage to get up. Now to do so, the body moves, but the hands remain in relatively same place.

The body is moved through a root around the waist. Lifting the body, move the hands. How do i lock the hands in place/temporarily disable the influence of the root so i can perfrom this movement.

Thank you,

steve

# 2 24-01-2010 , 06:43 PM
Technical Director
There should be an IK/FK switch on the rig that will allow you to do this.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 25-01-2010 , 10:12 AM
thank you for your reply,
ive tried this but then the arm turns to jelly. is there an alternative, or is this a problem with the rig??
there is also i chance i havent done it correctly, because I am new to maya. not sure