Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 30-08-2011 , 01:20 AM
Simply Maya OG

Grass Blowing in the Wind

Hey guys. Been MIA lately due to being on vacation and whatnot. Finally back into the swing of things and back into Maya. Finally got a faster computer, so I've been playing around with new things. Just did a quick 'test' so to say, of animating 'fur' blowing in the wind. And for shits and giggles, I put a spotlight in there 'searching' for something. LMK what you think. IDK why it's so dark...when rendered, you can see the entire field of grass. Once compiled, you cant. After Effects might have messed with it. Either way, let me know your thoughts. I'm just happy to be playing around in Maya again and not having to wait for everything to load! user added image

YouTube Link Below!
Spotlight Grass Test - YouTube

- Hybrid
# 2 30-08-2011 , 02:18 AM
EduSciVis-er
Looks pretty good. I think I can see hard lines though in the grass, looks like square patches.

# 3 30-08-2011 , 12:14 PM
Simply Maya OG
Yea, I saw that myself. I couldnt see it in Maya, but once rendered I could see it. Might have to do with it being on a poly plane (10x10 divisions) instead of a NURBs plane. I'm going to mess around with it some more and see what happens.

- Hybrid
# 4 30-08-2011 , 03:11 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

After Effects might have messed with it.

have you tried using curves in after effects

# 5 30-08-2011 , 06:07 PM
Simply Maya OG

have you tried using curves in after effects

I didnt. I just imported the sequence, and just exported it. Was too anxious to see what it looked like all rendered out. heh. I'll play with it some more. Maybe make this into a little scene or something. Maybe a wooden fence, and the spotlight looking for a animal or something. Hmm.... *idea* lol

- Hybrid
# 6 30-08-2011 , 06:27 PM
Looks good, congrats on the new computer. I would say widen the spotlight a little more as you can;t see much with its narrow field.

Adding something in the scene would be good too.