Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 12-12-2011 , 01:13 AM

December Challenge - Perfecto

Greetings everyone user added image

Dropping in for a little. I'll probably get pulled away before finishing but entering nonetheless. Very nice theme. Since it's the holiday season, i'm going to try and incorporate that somehow. All I know right now is I wanna do something cute. I plan on starting by researching baby pictures and toddlers (humanoids and animals). Seriously, what's more cute than that right?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 2 12-12-2011 , 01:39 AM
Lifetime Member
lol true enough babies are the cutest. My wife is pregnant with our first she is due in 6 weeks.

- Jake
# 3 12-12-2011 , 02:35 AM

lol true enough babies are the cutest. My wife is pregnant with our first she is due in 6 weeks.

I'll dedicate this entry to you and your wife then. Congratulations!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 12-12-2011 , 03:27 AM
Meet Charlie!

Charlie is a young robot who's been eagerly waiting for Christmas morning. When it finally arrives, he's surprised to find a brand new pair of feet in the present he just unwrapped. He's so excited that as he tries on his new feet, he's unaware that he's put them on the wrong legs.

I'm not going to post any references due to copyright restrictions but here's a couple of rough concept sketches.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 5 12-12-2011 , 04:08 AM
Lifetime Member
Lol nice I'm honored user added image I'm sure it will turn out great

- Jake
# 6 12-12-2011 , 08:15 AM
Lifetime Member
congrats joverall....LOL oh dear here come some sleepless nights...nice take perfecto!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 7 12-12-2011 , 03:04 PM
Another rough concept

Attached Images

Exceed Expectations!
# 8 12-12-2011 , 04:44 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks bullet, I am fully expecting to never sleep again. I like the new concept lots more detail. An absolute win in the cute factor.

- Jake
# 9 15-12-2011 , 03:34 AM
I spent hours creating a super nice reference with color and everything but Gimp crapped out on me for some reason and I'm not about to redo all that work. I'll probably just start on the modeling tomorrow.

How aggravating

Exceed Expectations!
# 10 15-12-2011 , 04:49 AM
Lifetime Member
cool, can't wait to see the final product.

# 11 19-12-2011 , 10:13 PM
Dropping out.

Good luck everyone! I'll be watching the other entries.

Exceed Expectations!
# 12 19-12-2011 , 10:15 PM
Lifetime Member
Oh so sorry to hear I was looking forward to seeing the cutie user added image thx for your support

- Jake
# 13 20-12-2011 , 12:47 AM
I have plenty of time but a friend and I are going to create a simple game in UDK so I'll be focused on that for awhile. I created a w.i.p. for it. I think we're going to do the ds9 space station. There's plenty of references available which will save alot of research time.

Exceed Expectations!
# 14 20-12-2011 , 12:56 AM
Subscriber
phew... less intense competition now
hehe

have fun with the UDK

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D