Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 12-08-2012 , 12:45 PM
Banned

Helicopter Blades

...HELLO...
Here are some days that I break my head, impossible to control the blades with a single blade.
problem with Nonlinear- Bend: how to control a blade that controls the other three blades
In the tutorial, it says that the blades are Instance, what does this mean ?

How to solve the problem, thank you for your help, and your patience user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 12-08-2012 , 01:06 PM
Create one master blade and then edit>duplicate special options and select the "INSTANCE" checkbox and then make three copies rotated by 90 degrees.

Below you can see I created a simple blade shape and then applied a "duplicate special" with instance selected and made three copies rotated 90 degrees around the y-axis. I then applied a deformers > nonlinear bend to SELECTED VERTS of the original (master) blade and you can see that it affects the three instance copies of the blade.

NOTE: It's very important to note that instance copies are only affected by "component" level changes to the master. Components are verts, edges and faces. Since non-linear bend affects the blades at the vert level you can apply the NLB to the blade object.

Attached Thumbnails

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 13-08-2012 at 06:44 PM.
# 3 13-08-2012 , 07:29 AM
Banned

Bonjour

thank you very much for your help and your patienceuser added image