Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 07-11-2012 , 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
Maybe the glass reflections appear weak because the reflections on the body are strong. The red shader looks a bit more like plastic than car paint (and yes there's a Mental Ray shader for that too user added image)

- Genny
# 17 08-11-2012 , 03:30 AM
here is the final render so far, there is bit nasty white reflection on the side windows(driver side). I dont know where I got this from? light?

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 08-11-2012 , 03:34 AM
You right Gen,
its looks like plastic, i'll find out nice car_paint for it. but first I need to fix this glass issue .

thanks for your support.

regards

# 19 08-11-2012 , 04:11 AM
the material of the side window and front is same? I don't know problem in here and waiting answer to learn

# 20 08-11-2012 , 07:41 AM
Super Moderator
Yeah I'll have to ask the same question because it doesn't look like the same shader.

- Genny
# 21 08-11-2012 , 07:46 AM
Yes same materials. Mia-Materials (Glass). Its NOT visible from close-range render, but when camera goes far yes it will be visible.

here is 2 screenshot

1- from close-range render
2- light scene setup

Attached Thumbnails
# 22 08-11-2012 , 05:38 PM
Administrator
Nice looking truck. Try troubleshooting by isolating the lights and reflection cards in the scene, delete one and test render without it and see if it goes away, if not try the next. My guess would be that it's a diffuse reflection coming off one of those poly planes, I've had similar problems with light cards.

Also before deleting things, try turning off visible in refractions in the render stats for those planes the angle's strange so it might be that difficult to say what's what most of the time.

# 23 08-11-2012 , 07:10 PM
Super Moderator
A couple things. Is there a reason for "trace reflection" to be unchecked?. It could be the HDRI image, there's a really bright spot near the roof area and the previous camera angle was making your door panel window really catch it. Which goes back to my original question. Do you have an exposure lens on that camera?

- Genny
# 24 08-11-2012 , 07:23 PM
@Mis nova. Yes I tried all the option that you mention. Even I delete the glass and I made new one, "trace reflection" checked/ unchecked, Delete the light, delete the white plane. so many things, but didn't help.

@ Gen
"trace reflection" to be unchecked? was just to test if there is problem with this option. but seem checked/unchecked didn't help.

Yes I do have maya materials lens attached to the camera, you think bcoz of that. here is the screenshot

regards

Attached Thumbnails
# 25 08-11-2012 , 07:47 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah this is just weird, if you tried Nilla's advice about testing the lights one by one (and the even hiding the hdri) then I am puzzled. Maybe try a different camera and a fresh exposure node with default settings.

Edit: Why is the gamma 1.2?

- Genny
# 26 08-11-2012 , 07:52 PM
I deleted the camera lens ( maya expose lens ), but didn't help.

the last thing that I can think of it As you said maybe the HDRI image.

I'm not sure about this option, Gen you may know something.

regards

Attached Thumbnails
# 27 08-11-2012 , 08:16 PM
Super Moderator
I'm not saying having the exposure lens is a bad thing, I was wondering if you were using one since some of the highlights were so blown out.

Is that last image without the IBL?

- Genny
# 28 08-11-2012 , 08:38 PM
I did find what cause this specular reflection, After deleting, HDRI, lights one by one and turn off/on the emit specular , I notice that there is one light (rightside) cause this issue, when the emit specular is unchecked its goes away, when the emit specular is on its appears again.

I unchecked the emit specular its goes away but in other side I lose some specular overall on the truck little bit, well its not big deal, but i'm sure there is a why to fix that otherwise I have to accept it .

see the images below plz.

Attached Thumbnails
# 29 08-11-2012 , 08:45 PM
Super Moderator
Maybe throw a light card in there as a substitute.

- Genny