Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-02-2014 , 01:08 PM

tile part of a tire

user added image

how can i tile this? if i duplicate and move it in the Y it will not be lined up properly. im going ****ing nuts right now.

thanks

- skalman

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 2 21-02-2014 , 06:33 PM
You should be able to do a Duplicate Special and rotate it around the inner axis. This will duplicate this patch into a full circle. You can also tell duplicate to attach the new tiles to this one which would create a pretty smooth surface for this tire. Does that make sense?

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are right." --Henry Ford
# 3 11-03-2014 , 09:35 AM

You should be able to do a Duplicate Special and rotate it around the inner axis. This will duplicate this patch into a full circle. You can also tell duplicate to attach the new tiles to this one which would create a pretty smooth surface for this tire. Does that make sense?

what i do is duplicate my mesh and snap the vertexes together, then duplicate it till i get a long flat tire, then shrinkwrap the selection to a cylinder that would define the wheel. but i hate the process to duplicate and make the lower bottom part match the upper part, so that i can merge vertexes easy. i go crazyyyyy on stuff like that haha .. user added image

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 4 11-03-2014 , 12:58 PM
Technical Director
There is no simple way to do it. You have to make the bottom match the top.

Also, you don't need to use shrink-wrap. Take a look at the bend deformer.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.