Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 23-08-2014 , 08:55 AM

galaxy not working in Metal ray

# 2 25-08-2014 , 03:50 AM
user added image no one help me? So sad

# 3 25-08-2014 , 01:33 PM
EduSciVis-er
Mental ray apparently still can't render paint effects. You'll have to convert them (Modify > Convert... > Paint Effects to polygons).

# 4 26-08-2014 , 01:11 AM
Super Moderator
I think this is one of those paintFX that just don't translate well after converting to polygons. Even if you set a high poly limit on the conversion settings, you still end up with a mash up of tiny triangular pieces which just look like little splinters. You can:

1. Use a particle system and do the glow in post. More versatile.
2. Software render out the image using render layers with an override to use maya software renderer, assign a "use background" to the objects you'd like to "cut out"(because they'll be rendered in mental ray). Then composite the images.

- Genny
# 5 26-08-2014 , 02:33 AM
Hey stwert.
I converted it into polygon, but it didn't work
Hey Gen.
Almost don't understand what you said but thank you. I'll google it ^^
Thank you, guys!