Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 03-03-2016 , 09:03 AM
Chadlton

Kind of a dumb Geometry question

Howdy guys!

I need a bit of help with a geometry issue which I've never really asked about but you'd think I'd know a solution to. I am working on a circular table and for the most part it looks good except for the top of the table. Since it's round I have the layout looking like this.

https://postimg.org/image/s2o8sxu1r/

But when I choose to look at the mesh preview the center piece right there in the middle turns into this weird, star shaped like thing here.

https://postimg.org/image/wths2u8mn/

I know it's caused because it's a single face (if I remember correctly) but I can't figure out the best way to resolve this issue. So if you guys can tell me how I might correct this I'd appreciate it. user added image

Thanks Much!
~CJK~

# 2 03-03-2016 , 09:51 AM
Subscriber
Hello,
The problem with your geometry is that you have an uneven amount of axis subdivisions in the original cylinder (if my counting is correct) -25 - you need an even number like 24. It's probably better to start again.
Then I would use the poke command on the centre face and delete every other edge it creates so you get quads in the centre (see image). This should help when you smooth the model.
Hope that helps!

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 03-03-2016 , 12:48 PM
Chadlton

Hello,
The problem with your geometry is that you have an uneven amount of axis subdivisions in the original cylinder (if my counting is correct) -25 - you need an even number like 24. It's probably better to start again.
Then I would use the poke command on the centre face and delete every other edge it creates so you get quads in the centre (see image). This should help when you smooth the model.
Hope that helps!

It does, thanks. user added image