Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-02-2024 , 05:24 PM

File referencign issue

I'm trying to reference a clip to a scene where the rigged character is referenced. When I import the clip (from Time Editor menu) , I select the corresponding namespace and everything goes just fine.. but when I close and re-open Maya the clip ceases to work: the rig assumes the position of the first frame but doesn't animate.
One thing I noticed is that when I import the clip and I select the corresponding namespace, the nodes of that clip (the rig controllers) get renamed properly according to the namespace, but the name of the clip itself doesn't. I rename the clip manually, but yet nothing. The clip is colored purple when I import.
What could I do?
Why file referencing is such an unsurmountable pain?

Last edited by AAA Yerus; 20-02-2024 at 12:41 AM.