Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 14-04-2003 , 11:40 PM

Originally posted by abra
you say, your modelling a space ship... should it fly on planets too? then it should have something top fin like (45° perhaps) <-are needed to fly...

B-2 Bombers don´t have a fin. user added image

# 17 15-04-2003 , 12:36 AM
Yeah, the fin seems a bit pointless as it will be rendered from a top down perspective, but thanks for the suggestion.
heres latest render.

________

- Jacob
# 18 15-04-2003 , 01:02 AM
Subscriber
lookin nice user added image. heh, one question though.. wheres the overhead flourescent light coming from for the reflection of the cockpit window? Hehehe, maybe you should delete that part of your shader user added image. (if that is part of the shader). Or explain where thats coming from user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 19 15-04-2003 , 01:36 AM
Heh, it's coming from a secret starbase that i have modeled, but it is invisible.... yet it still produces light... yes that will do.

actually i thought it looked cool, but you have a damn good point.

Id like to smooth it, but i can't do it without ruining all the geometry and hard edges. ANy tips for that?

________

- Jacob

Last edited by Blinn; 15-04-2003 at 02:14 AM.
# 20 15-04-2003 , 05:36 AM

Originally posted by adldesigner
B-2 Bombers don´t have a fin. user added image

but they are just one big wing....

adldesigner: but you're still right... its in the future and than they can fly without a fin user added image

Blinn: the back wings are in that case also don't needed... expect if you want to add there some weapons... they seems a bit strange to me, but unfortunatly i can't say you why user added image user added image

but your fighter looks still cooluser added image