Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-06-2003 , 02:14 PM

help with mental ray

Can anyone help or direct me to a tutorial to render with mental ray. I am experiencing problems. I cant get mental ray to properly batch render user added image and I've tried many things. So any help would be appreciated.

# 2 12-06-2003 , 02:43 PM
Subscriber
what problem are you having?

# 3 12-06-2003 , 03:01 PM
k I created a scene and I try to batch render with mental ray and it doesnt work. I can get the maya render to work but mental ray option is seperate from that and I get this message. I have set the obvious setting but there are setting that I cant find. so I think it has to do with setting. I get this message when I batch render.

// Mayatomr: Rendering temporary file: C:/Documents and Settings/Morgan Wykkoff/Desktop/aniamtion/movie.mb //

// Error: Cannot find procedure "miProgress". //

// Mayatomr: Batch render started. See C:/Documents and Settings/Morgan Wykkoff/Desktop/aniamtion/mentalray.log for more information. //

// Mayatomr: Batch rendered images will be written to C:/Documents and Settings/Morgan Wykkoff/Desktop/aniamtion/images //

# 4 13-06-2003 , 12:16 AM
Try it through the command promt, that's what I had to do(although Terminal in OS X). I beleive the command is: mayarender_with_mr -file "/path/to/the/file.mb". Renders the image in the default images folder in your project folder.

---
https://www.bigfatonline.com
# 5 14-06-2003 , 05:01 AM
come on someone has to be able to help

# 6 14-06-2003 , 05:33 AM
I am not sure but // Error: Cannot find procedure "miProgress". //
could be because there are not all scripts in the scripts folder. maybe try to reinstall mental ray.

If you use maya 5 (mental ray included) then I can't help you.

# 7 14-06-2003 , 01:46 PM
k yes I am using maya 5