Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-06-2003 , 04:25 PM

Extruding along a path

I'm trying to create a NURB expand along a circular path in an animation. So that it starts small and expands to complete a circle.

I don't want the circle to be filled in the center, just the rim of it.

What might be a good way to do this.

Attached Thumbnails

- Matt
# 2 19-06-2003 , 10:29 PM
okay.. I figured out how to extrude it along the path. But now I can't key frame different lengths to create an animation. is there any way to make it look like its growing along the path?

- Matt
# 3 20-06-2003 , 02:02 AM
The Maya Mountain
In your extrude options, use a Partial Curve Range. You then get two additional attributes in your channel box that allow the extrude to animate along the path.

# 4 20-06-2003 , 12:13 PM
Hey thanks Mike. user added image

However, I have another question about extruding. user added image

I'm trying to extrude a circle along a path to create a tube, but the size keeps shrinking. Why is this happening? And how can i Fix? I've tried changing the scale, but it keeps making the same size.

Thanks for any help. user added image

Attached Thumbnails

- Matt