Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-08-2003 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber

Help with birail

i'm trying to make my first surface using birail but when i've selected all the curves it i can't see a surface even though outliner is telling me it's there.

# 2 02-08-2003 , 09:09 PM
make sure the ends of your profile curves are snapped to the rails. i had this problem too.

________

- Jacob
# 3 02-08-2003 , 11:38 PM
The best way to do it is hold the c key down when creating your profile curves so they snap to the rails as blinn said.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 4 03-08-2003 , 12:04 AM

check this out..

contact me via MSN: rieder@utanet.at
# 5 03-08-2003 , 09:26 AM
Kevin
there are not touching

The birail is a very picky thing - also make sure the history is deleted on the curve....also a good guess would be that you have once before made a surface, but deleted and remade..

If this is the case then yes it is VERY fussy - It is almost quicker to make a new curve over the old one and then delete the old one, I have had this problem many times.

But the first thing I would check is that your curves are touching, your curves match points (rebuild curve) and that the curve direction go the same way (curve direction - reverse)

# 6 03-08-2003 , 08:39 PM
Subscriber
Thanks, it was becuase i hadn't snapped the curves.