Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-11-2003 , 03:32 AM

problems w/ blend shapes and bottel

I am trying to make a beer bottle open and close his mouth/eye
(the opening of the bottle). I am using blend shapes. every thing was working fine but when I used a warp deformer that made him lean forward everything gets deformed (not like I want it) I am making the deformation on a bottle that is in its default pose. I tried messing with in-betweening and while that fixed some of my other problems it is still is not fixing this one. If anyone can help I need it. If you think you mite be able to help but am not clear on what I am asking just let me know.
Thanks!

# 2 28-11-2003 , 07:44 AM
The Maya Mountain
might need to change the order of deformation

# 3 28-11-2003 , 07:22 PM
I just tried changing the defrormation order and it dosnt seam to have any effect.

Just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
# 4 29-11-2003 , 12:41 AM
Got a picture of exactly what happens?

# 5 29-11-2003 , 04:59 AM
this is with both deformers

Attached Images
# 6 29-11-2003 , 05:01 AM
this is the bottel with the blink deformer before I add the forward deformer....
I may not be changing my deformation order correctly I am vary new to maya, or any 3d software for that matter. I followed the help section in maya to change the order and as far as I can tell I am doing it corectly, but like I said I am not exactly a pro.
Thanks!

Attached Images

Last edited by lukedukeofpuke; 29-11-2003 at 07:36 AM.
# 7 29-11-2003 , 08:32 PM
I just tried using bones to do my forward deformation but am still having the same problem. I am desperate this is only a small part of an animation that I have to have start rendering in 6 days!
I dont know how to get around this.

# 8 03-12-2003 , 05:24 AM
figured it out... deformation order and waiting problem. probably couldnt do it again but it works now.

# 9 03-12-2003 , 05:27 AM
The Maya Mountain
I was pretty sure deformation order would have fixed it. user added image Glad you got it working. user added image