Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-01-2004 , 02:19 AM
Subscriber

3dsImport

After "installing" 3dsimport on my SGI O2 (IRIX 6.5) I got the attached error message when trying to load the plugin in the Plugin Manager.
Are the are known fixes?
Edit: The plugin also cannot be loaded on my Powerbook G4 (OS X 10.3.2)

Thx for any assistance

Attached Files
File Type: txt error_3dsimport.txt (585 Bytes, 172 views)

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.

Last edited by Axel; 21-01-2004 at 02:21 AM.
# 2 21-01-2004 , 03:18 PM
Im tinking it might have something to do with the OS. I don't think Windows programs will run on a Unix (irix) based system. Same goes for OS X. you're probably trying to use the Windows version of the plugin.

But then, I could be wrong. Any Unix guys here?

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 3 23-01-2004 , 03:25 AM
Subscriber
I downloaded the file at https://www.alias.com/eng/community/d...t=Plug-In&hp=I
I believe this is the SGI (Irix) version. I also downloaded the Mac version (OSX) from the same site to see if it work on my Mac Maya version, which didn't.
The error message shown below indicates - what I can make out of it - that the plugin seems to look for a 4.0 version of maya (it did work with this version)...
Any idea what could be the solution?

// Error: 1022:/usr/aw/maya5.0/bin/maya.bin: rld: Fatal Error: object libOpenMaya.so from liblist in /usr/aw/maya5.0/bin/plug-ins/3dsImport.so has version "sgi4.0", which does not match the found object: /usr/aw/maya5.0/lib/libOpenMaya.so (with version "Maya_5.0:sgi1.200304011557") (3dsImport) /

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.