Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 22-01-2005 , 06:41 PM
i havent looked at this thread in a while and scrolled all the way down to the bottom without looking at the progress...all i gotta say is wow. the models come sooooo far.

Hope that has explained it, having looked at what I've written I wouldn't blame you if you had less of a clue than before!!

nope it all makes sense now thanks man! user added image

keep up the good work

# 17 23-01-2005 , 09:44 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
HappyMat

Looks cool, Now for a Biker Scout?? Or Luke?? Or Leia??

_J

# 18 24-01-2005 , 07:27 PM
Subscriber
Unfortunately my system decided to die on me again and I lost all of my speeder data. I know I should have made back-ups but I got complacent and am now kicking myself for it!!! This does not mean though that I have given up on this project, only slightly delayed. I'll start modelling A.S.A.P. it should not take me too long as I've done it all before.

As for a pasenger....... I'll see how I feel. I have never modelled a person before. I suppose you have to start somewhere though.

Cheers for the interest and encouragement so far. I'll post "take 2" as and when. 'Till then take it easy,

Mat.

# 19 24-01-2005 , 07:59 PM
THAT. SUCKS. it was lookin so good too....user added image

# 20 24-01-2005 , 08:15 PM
Ahh Shit Mat!!

Best of luck with the next one

_J

# 21 01-02-2005 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber
Hi kids,

Cheers Jango and Element for your sentiment. I rekon I'm back to where I was when my machine went tits up (I think that's the technical term for it anyway!), YAY!!!
There are a few minor differences as I couldn't find the original blueprint but hey what would the world be like if there was no variety! The modeling was pretty quick but squeezing it in between crappy shifts at work stretched it out some. I'll post updates as and when, cheers,

Mat.

# 22 01-02-2005 , 07:46 PM
Subscriber
probably be a good idea to post a pic eh.

Attached Thumbnails
# 23 01-02-2005 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by happymat27
I rekon I'm back to where I was when my machine went tits up (I think that's the technical term for it anyway!), YAY!!!

Anything that involves tits can't be all bad! :p

Anyway, glad to see you're back on track, and great model... Now, it's time for a passenger! user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 24 01-02-2005 , 08:22 PM
No, tits out!!

Glad its all okay

_J

# 25 06-02-2005 , 10:47 AM
Subscriber
What a mentally long week that was, really could have done without that!!!
It's taken me a while to relax but here's where I'm up to now that I've finally managed to find my creative hat. Hope you enjoy, any crit would be appreciated. Cheers,

Mat.

Attached Images
# 26 06-02-2005 , 01:14 PM
Hey Mat

Overall looks nice, my crit for you is the bump is too high on the fins at the front and also there seems to be a harsh yellow burnout going on, on the body, perhaps your specular is too high. Id check it out.

https://www.larottadikessel.it/bike_centro.htm

Check this link it may help you out a bit.

Cheers dude
_J

# 27 06-02-2005 , 03:41 PM
Subscriber
Cheers for that Jango,

I am having a total breakdown on how to colour this thing!!! I've changed the scheme to a more blue grey colour and was happy with it until my wife nonchelantly walked past and said she preferred the yellow one, ARGHHHH!
I'm going to concentrate on other parts for a while, 'till then it's going to remain this colour. Take it easy,

Mat.

Attached Images
# 28 06-02-2005 , 04:58 PM
Thats a typical woman that is!! My wife doesnt take any notice of this stuff too until she feels like it and then, all hell freezes over as the crit comes in!!!

Hence the study out of the way in the far reaches of the house

The bike would be better in a brown color as like the movie.

Later Dude

_J

# 29 06-02-2005 , 07:58 PM
i like the grey one better, but if your trying to be true to the movie you should go with the a darker version of the yellow one. also you should slap some imperial symbols on that. dunno if they had it in the movie but it would look less generic (for lack of a better term) i guess. looks great though keep up the good work.

# 30 06-02-2005 , 07:59 PM
oh and btw jango i wish i had a study, or even far reaches of my house :p