Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 22-05-2006 , 05:52 PM
Subscriber
hi sure i can yeah.
its just a blinn with 3 in the excentricity and 7 in in specular and reflections r 5
Although u wont get the same results i suspect as u need to tweak ure irradiance and i have diferent light sources to get the look i have here.

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 17 22-05-2006 , 06:17 PM
Thanks.

# 18 22-05-2006 , 06:44 PM
Subscriber
Hey guys!
Ok i have finished this model i will leave it as is.
I decided against doing a large scene as the phone would become too small to see much of it. i like this though so alls good!

Attached Thumbnails

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 19 22-05-2006 , 06:46 PM
Subscriber

# 20 22-05-2006 , 07:08 PM
Did you UV texture map each button?

# 21 22-05-2006 , 07:10 PM
I think, he didn't, keeping in mind how fast he works. user added image

# 22 22-05-2006 , 07:31 PM
Wow, nice work magicsy.
I love the materials you used for this scene, I'd really like it if you could make a tutorial or just try and make some cool ones for download, so I can see how you do it. I am quite low on good materials right now, I'm like a broken machine when it comes to making materials.

Very nice scene, 9/10

bobalie

P.S.: Curious, how long have you been in 3d art? I have been modelling for little under a year and a half, on and off.

P.S.S. Urvanism, I love your picture, whatever that is user added image maybe a llama?

# 23 22-05-2006 , 08:01 PM
Sorry for talking about not realated to this thread things, but that thing in my picture is a donkey user added image, i've taken this photo myself. Sorry again for writing this where we should talk abuot the 3d phone user added image.

# 24 22-05-2006 , 09:03 PM
Subscriber
hmmmm.. i wonder who will be telling magiscy to ring her??

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 25 23-05-2006 , 04:58 PM
Subscriber
hahah 13th.
It says ring Bank* wrote by me lol....to the wife.
Thanks for the nice comments boys user added image
I have been using Maya for about 7 months or so.
And about a tut the next model i do in the Wip i will Take u through it all like kinda a Tut style so i can show u how i work?
Either that or be paid!!! hahahah
Cya soon.
sy.

*Edit as its not totally just the materials i make its alos lighting and other tweaks here n there to manipulate the colours and look im after.

# 26 24-05-2006 , 02:32 AM
Hey, please don't make the tutorial priced user added image . Atleast not for some months to come, because I am going to be getting some jobs 'round the house and out of the house.

Materials... I really dont know what to do with them user added image

Anyways, very nice phone, materials, lighting and scene. I really like the smooth, almost organic look of the phones holder. My phone holder looks like crap, its all boxy user added image user added image

# 27 30-08-2006 , 02:46 PM
Subscriber
looks so real and nice =] great job