Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 106 13-07-2003 , 08:07 PM
Still no gun edits. But I textured my first object........ever. I have never used the uv texture editor, but I think it turned out pretty good. i still need help with that strap thoughuser added image. what do you think???

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 107 13-07-2003 , 08:11 PM
Crap........I forgot the image......

Attached Thumbnails

# 108 13-07-2003 , 09:53 PM
for the strap you could probly use some of the nurbs tools to create it. make a curve that wraps around the monkey's head, then make a circle. bend this circle into a proper shape for a straps cross-section. then select the profile curve, then shift select the path curve and go to surfaces-->extrude. it should give you a nice smooth strap. you can tell the extrude to output polies i think if you're scared of having a nurbs surface out of it.

[oh yea, love the skull on the eye patch, very bad ass]

Car-maker.
Check out my releases for RACER.
see the WWW button
# 109 14-07-2003 , 03:24 AM
Hey bro very very nice!! I wish i was able to do the type of modeling you can... This is the type of thing i'm going to college for user added image ...Then maybe i won't beuser added image user added image
Nice work on the Poo Slingin monkey... I can't give much C&C but maybe mr. hankey could have a mini poo launcher or somethin that he could like shoot lil chunks of corn or other lil things we digest maybe some peas... or even mini poo, anyways good luck with the challenge

# 110 14-07-2003 , 03:27 AM
Subscriber
LOL.. thats the sickest thing i have ever heard cgrindo.... a piece of shit firing out chunks of corn in its poo launcher :O. I love the patch though drknow.. next time though if you selected those front faces, planar mapped it.. then just applied a lambert with a image of the skull face and then rotated the 2d texture ccw a bit.. you could of probably saved yourself some time... but in any case, its looking great.. and you got some practice with UV unwrapping user added image. Good job!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 111 14-07-2003 , 03:50 AM
f50 - Thanks man. I will try it out.

cgrindo - uhhh.....I think im gonna barf. Good idea though. I will consider it, but if I do it it will be towards the end. By the way, I am a major newbie, and this is my best work yet. Just stick with it. It just kinda comes along.

M - Well, I played around with the uv texture editor for about an hour and finally I just planar mapped it. Here is the uv layout...

Attached Images

# 112 14-07-2003 , 04:06 AM
Subscriber
Ooh, you mapped the whole thing... lol. You should of just selected the top faces, then planar mapped those and then moved them around.. then planar mapped the other side if you had to.. what you did there is still a complete piece.. that goes around to the back. Because your goal is to stretch it out and get anything wrapping behind to be flat out.. and you have the whole other side behind.. in any case, it did the trick and looks great :d.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 113 14-07-2003 , 04:33 AM
Yea, I really should have, but I honestly know absolutely nothing about uv texturing. Well, here are the straps, kinda.

Attached Thumbnails

# 114 14-07-2003 , 02:58 PM
I just woke up, and its only 10:00 hehe. Anyways, I sleepily made this front sight. I know its simple, but its so small, why be detailed??? I colored it brown so you could see it.

Attached Images

# 115 14-07-2003 , 03:00 PM
Ok, I ravaged a safety switch out real quick.....Here it is.

Attached Images

# 116 14-07-2003 , 09:14 PM
ok ok sry about the mini poo gun remark.. the model is coming along nicely.. Maybe the gun should have a little port at the top with a filp top for quick hankey reloads... maybe even have lil poo marks on the monkey from where mr. hankey had been on his helmet, just some ideas i got when watching south park... Good Luck I love the eye patch.. o and maybe the poo safety switch could be a corn kerneluser added image lol Good Luck

# 117 15-07-2003 , 06:21 AM
Great ideas man. I need a break on this for a few days, then Ill get right on it. Im too busy playing with my dual monitors right now. user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image

# 118 15-07-2003 , 06:34 AM
Vampus
In regards to the patch, why not just pop rivet it to his head :-)

# 119 15-07-2003 , 04:38 PM
Im not sure I understand what you mean Vamp. Could you clarify that for me.

# 120 15-07-2003 , 05:36 PM
Subscriber
i really like the gun detail
good job man ,can't wait to see it all toghter. user added image