Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-12-2004 , 01:19 PM

Creating an abstract shape

Hi all, I'm trying to create an abstarct shape using maya, I'll post up an example of the sort of thing i'm after, basically I just wondered how you guys would go about creating somthing like this.

The image itself is from a tutorial i'm following and has been created in Cinema 4D using a somthing called matrix exclude. I wanted to create my own though rather than use the one supplied.

Cheers for any help.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-12-2004 , 06:25 PM
Subscriber
i dont know much but the easiest way i could think of to make that would make curves in the half moons all over the place to kind of mimic where the arches are in that picture and make a lot of them and then make a nurbs square and then select a curve and then shift select the nurbs square and extrude using the tube option for extrude and make a nurbs surface.
then scale each end of the newly formed arch

hope this helps in the least

# 3 07-12-2004 , 11:15 AM
thanx T/D, I'll give it a tryuser added image