Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-03-2008 , 05:50 PM

SoftMod not working

Hey...

I have an annoying problem with my SoftMod tool...

It works perfectly on a NURBS object, but it doesn't work on polygonal or subdivision objects.
With NURBS, when I click the object, the "s" is placed right on the surface where I wanted, but when I try exactly the same with either polygons or subdivs, it seems as if the "s" is put on the right spot, but when I rotate the camera, I see that it's actually at the place I was looking from.
So the "s" is put at the location of the camera, which is very annoying.
In order to make it affect the object, I have to zoom in very close first to be able to get the "s" close to the spot I'd like it.

I hope it's just a setting that can be changed, but I guess you people will tell me it's not.

Anyway... I hope someone can help me with this...

(I already tried deleting - or rather renaming - the settings folder... Didn't work.)

Please don't make me think... It hurts us! :p
# 2 18-03-2008 , 03:40 PM

Nevermind

Ok...

It seems to have been a problem with my graphics card driver...

It's working now, after updating the driver

Please don't make me think... It hurts us! :p